April 16, 2019
At Miller’s Area Heating and Air Conditioning, we know what an investment your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system is in your home. That’s why time and time again we recommend regular preventative maintenance on all your HVAC units. You need to invest in your investment.
We have had some of our Grayslake, IL, area customers ask us if it’s really worth it. Does preventative maintenance pay off or is it a scam?
Our response is always the same—yes, it is definitely worth it. And, no, it is not a scam. In fact, the majority of heating and cooling service calls are a direct result of a lack of proper maintenance.
Maintenance Benefits for You
You can experience many benefits as a direct result of preventative maintenance. When you regularly maintain your system, you will:
- Save energy and money. When your heating and cooling system is regularly cleaned and checked, it will operate at its peak performance and most energy efficient. This saves you energy, producing lower energy bills, thereby saving you money as well.
- Prevent unnecessary repairs. Since your system is checked on a regular basis, any wear and tear on parts is noted by our professionals and addressed. This reduces the middle-of-the-night breakdowns and accompanying costly repairs. Also, when your system is cleaned regularly, your system runs smoother, avoiding extra stress on your system’s components.
- Improve your indoor air quality. Scheduling regular cleanings cuts down on the dirt-and-debris buildup in your system. This means less of this finds its way into your home’s air flow and into your lungs. Additionally, changing your filter every few months allows it to do its job and stop any dust and particles from proceeding to the general air flow, giving you high indoor air quality. And, according to ENERGY STAR®, airflow problems can reduce your system’s efficiency by up to 15 percent.
- Extend your system’s life span. Ensuring your heating and cooling system is clean and checked allows your system to operate as the manufacturer intended. With few problems and repairs, your system’s life span can increase, once again saving you money from purchasing a new one.
- Keep your manufacturer’s and installation company’s warranties valid. Many companies stipulate your warranty is null and void without regular professional maintenance. You may need to provide your maintenance receipts as proof in the case of a warranty claim.
Call Us for Your HVAC Maintenance
Maintaining your heating and cooling system with knowledgeable and experienced professionals like ours at Miller’s Area Heating and Air Conditioning only reaps benefits for you. Protect your HVAC investment for the long haul. Contact us online, or give us a call at (847) 250-0191 to discuss how we can help you!